We want to promote your event, sale, or whatever is happening at your business on our Events Page!
When you submit an event we will place it on the Events Page, as well as schedule tweets for your event. Depending on the size of the event, we might also do posts on all our social media channels.
Here is what we need from you:
1. An image of the event, product, store, individual, whomever or whatever it is that is happening at your business that you want added to the calendar of events and be promoted. Image sizes (best case scenario):
- Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Google+: 640 x 640 px
- Twitter: 440 x 220px
*If your event is re-occurring, one image for all events is all we need.
2. Please provide a written description of the event.
3. Please provide any/all of the following pertinent info relative to your event:
- Re-occurring event – start and end dates. For example, every Wednesday stating July 11th – Sept 25th
- Twitter handles. For example: @downtownventura
Megan Hook, the Social Media Manager for Downtown Ventura manages the event placements on the website, as well as on social media channels. Please email her your event info at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not be able to take long emails and PDF’s as content submissions without the above information included in an email.
We cannot schedule tweets for any event that does not have an image included in the submission.
Example Event Post: