Arts & Eats Mission: To contribute to a thriving downtown Ventura community by inspiring, engaging and entertaining visitors and locals with a free bimonthly walking tour of art shows and culinary samples.
History: Arts & Eats began in March 2016 when Fox Fine Jewelry and Very Ventura hosted their first joint art opening. Soon after Latitudes Fine Art Gallery joined, and then Eats were added in September 2017. Within a year Arts & Eats grew to 16 locations!
What: Galleries, shops and restaurants within walking distance of downtown Ventura participate as either an “Arts” or and “Eats” venue. Arts venues may also serve refreshments, and will be listed as an Arts venue only. Venues are required to remain open for the entire event, from 6 – 8pm. Other requirements:
- Arts – must have art on display. Art includes visual, music, dance or other movement forms, written or spoken word. Venues are encouraged to have the artist present, have demonstrations, or some other form of interest or entertainment. This is especially important when the visual art displayed doesn’t change frequently.
- Eats – must have bites, nibbles, or tasters available to give out. Venues are encouraged to have special events or demonstrations.
When: All events are on a Saturday evening, from 6 – 8pm. 2018 Dates: January 20; March 17; May 19; July 21; September 15; November 17
Arts & Eats Committee: Volunteers and we welcome your help! Currently Very Ventura, Latitudes Fine Art, Fox Fine Jewelry and DVP.
Deadlines: For participation and postcard image submissions is one month prior to each event.
- This is a grass roots event, and all venues are strongly encouraged to market the event to their contacts in store, socially and through email. We all grow together!
- Please post on our Facebook page, Arts & Eats Ventura.
- The Arts & Eats committee will design, print and deliver a postcard. Postcards will be printed between three and six times per year.
- The Arts & Eats committee will maintain a webpage, submit press releases and upload to local websites.
- “Bounce back” coupons or other collateral can be passed out to patrons.
- Important! During Arts & Eats, please encourage patrons to visit other venues
Cost: There is no fee for Eats venues to participate. Arts venues are $100 per calendar year, with the proration schedule below. Note that the postcard may not be reprinted for each event, but the publicity and website will be. Venues will receive postcards and balloons for each event and a reusable laminated sign.
Note: The Arts & Eats committee reserves the right to remove a venue from the event if they do not comply with the rules above. In this event, no refund of dues paid will be given.
We’d love to have you join Arts & Eats!
Jan 20; Mar 17; May 19; July 21; Sept 15; Nov 17
Questions about the event, contact Debbie Fox, Fox Fine Jewelry, 805-652-1800; firstname.lastname@example.org
To become an Arts & Eats Facebook page administrator, contact Angela Rosales, Very Ventura Gift Shop, 805-628-3540; email@example.com
Want to sign up? If you are an Eats location, it’s free! If you are an Arts location, make a check out to Latitudes Fine Art Gallery in the amount below. Contact Stephanie Hogue or Tasha Cleaveland , Latitudes Fine Art Gallery, 805-642-5257; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fee for Arts Locations only (Eats are free!):
- Join for January or March event: $100
- Join for May or July event: $70
- Join for September or November event: $35