Do you have a desire to make a difference in your community?
Downtown Ventura Partners/Block by Block is accepting applications
for full- and part-time Park Safety Ambassadors.
The Pay Range starts at $16/Hr, based on experience.
- Ensuring our parks and public spaces are safe and welcoming for all: Ambassadors patrol on foot and/or bike through assigned park to deter unwanted activity through uniformed visible presence.
- Observe and report: While on patrol, Ambassadors are to be watchful for unwanted behaviors or criminal activity and report to local authorities via established communication methods and training. Must be able to articulate an accurate description or persons, vehicles and other similar identifiers.
- Address unwanted activities: Ambassadors will firmly and courteously request compliance to persons violating low-level quality of life crimes, such as open containers, aggressive panhandling, non-aggressive panhandling, loitering, disruptive behavior, etc.
- Hospitality and customer service: While on patrol, Ambassadors go out of their way to actively acknowledge park users with a friendly greeting or identify visitors in order to provide directions, information, city information or recommendations. Ambassadors will help keep parks clean, and serve as restroom monitor and will ensure public restrooms are welcoming to all users.
- Stakeholder relations: Ambassadors will be responsible for making regular contact with City Public Works staff, Police Patrol Task Force, Parks staff, homeless caseworkers, as well as visits, as needed, to adjacent businesses to share information and make professional contacts on behalf of DVP.
- Reporting: Ambassadors must be able to develop written incident reports and daily written reports to document shift activities.
- Professionalism: Ambassadors must maintain a positive and professional presence at all times.
- Physical abilities: Ambassadors must have the physical capacity to walk/bike continuously during an eight hour shift, with normal breaks. Must be able to work outdoors in all conditions with provided inclement weather gear.
- Communication: Ambassadors must be able to speak, read and write in the English language in order to create thorough reports.